Saturday, October 23, 2010

America and the New Freedom



(Sorry the original photo was removed by Yahoo)

To Most of the people in my email list. This photo was taken by my friend Wendy at a rally at the state capitol yesterday. The news will not show it and the Capitol Police and Homeland Security would not let Americans or any of the Veterans that were there do anything about it. My husband and his friends were threatened to be arrested and were told they would be booked under federal charges if they did anything. I am sending this to you so that you in turn can start emailing it to every one on your list. It is totally uncalled for and people need to see it. This is not about politics and rhetoric, it is about a direct threat to our country. Those of you that don't live in Arizona will maybe get a chance to see the other side of what the news is telling you. If this offends you great, than I have truly accomplished what I set out to do.
I understand that sometimes we don't see eye to eye on certain things, but that is the right our forefathers fought for. I am an American before I am anything else. For those of you who choose to dismiss this I am truly sorry that our association must stop here. You can delete me from your facebook or from your email because if you believe that this is okay I believe you are a traitor to this country and everything it stands for. I am not a racist and I am not a Nazi this has nothing to do with race, it has to do with respect to the country that is continually taking you in and turning a blind eye to your agenda.
Homeland Security was designed to identify and defend America from Terrorist acts yet yesterday it let illegal and legal citizens of this country desecrate the Flag. People were spitting on it, stomping on it and burning it with cigarettes. One soldier who had just returned from Iraq tried to grab the flag and was thrown to the ground by the Capitol Police and Homeland Security.
It amazes me how many people will stand against the American People while all the while prospering from our system and our government.

This was my response,

It is disappointing what is going on. The force behind all this in either direction is not the answer, the answer has not shown itself yet. We are stuck in a dark paradox where we have the right, the right to shit, hate and demonstrate our feelings for ourselves. (Adolescent mind sets will begin to physically demonstrate when the are distressed) As well as the right to protect our values and beliefs. Domination ultimately doesn't work. You see it in the medical field in regard to diseases, super viruses are the effects of viruses mutating in order to live, stronger basically because the force of how we try to defeat and destroy them. They are stronger than they were,because of how we deal with them, now getting too strong for the same means of getting rid of them, everything wants to live. We must calmly start doing the right thing, our country lacks a tremendous amount of character. something that made us great in the first place. We Created a new way to be in the world. That was an immense act of character. All the control we started exerting with our power, (somewhere around WW2) we were doing to "make democracy safe for the world", (control is the antithesis to love and creativity, didn't we start this country based on the love of these things?) not bad, we just don't know who we are anymore, it's time to re-evaluate, take back as much of our basic freedoms that we have lost over time, (given the opportunism our own system created, by NOT being responsible with our freedoms and desires for it) Two of our basic gifts as Americans are being free and merciful, (symbol of the eagle), we must not lose anymore of this. It will not/cannot be by force this time. That was an old way of dealing. One person, Timothy Mc Veigh, shut the country down single handedly, we cannot defeat this kind of enemy with force and control. We need a new way, and elegant means of creating a place where these things just do not grow. It will mean coming up with a new design to what is freedom, not freedom without responsibility (what so much of this current stuff is), but a new freedom with a deeper sense and understanding of what freedom really is, the ability to act. More (deeper) responsibility takes all considerations into account and then acts, there are answers to everything, we must uncover the right and true answers to be free, for all ideas and aspects to exist, not a simple task, but it is exactly the one we in our greatness are being called on to do. And we will succeed. Fear choices will deteriorate our belief structure. Fear breeds mediocrity, we are most definitely in fear at this time.
I am on the side of success, and finding the right answers, I do not advocate either side in this, I see it as the two sides of the same coin, neither are on the track for/of success, both will fail, and destroy this country trying to prove who is right. (It is also why our system was based in a three tiered government, checks and balances) We are technically fighting ourselves. This is about choice and freedom, deeper freedom with responsibility, not right and wrong. America cannot afford to express,"the means justifies the ends" mentality any longer. I love this country so much, I see what makes us great and how to keep our greatness, I just don't see anyone doing the right thing yet. I am, that is all I can do, be one voice holding a torch for all I see us to be, and hope others will see it. I hope you can hear my point and love me as a friend. I would never do anything to hurt this country, but I would not chance to die for it again either. i so want to see us great again, inspiring the world with hope and freedom, grace and compassion, mercy and respect for all thinking. I know we have the ability, it was given to us in our own construction,(constitution) will and can we see it a new?

"You can always count on Americans to do the right thing - after they've tried everything else."— Winston Churchill

With Love and respect,
Rick

No comments:

Post a Comment