Sunday, February 22, 2009

Dogs

I love dogs. I have been watching people a lot lately with their dogs, really missing mine. They weren't really mine, but my significant other had two which I loved like my own, which actually made no difference to any of us. I love to love. That is what I have learned about dogs, they are relatively easy to love. Not like humans for some strange reason. Humans are definitely scarier, and more difficult to love, at least they appear to be. Dogs also love so easily, unless they have been overly beaten, even they can have some trouble with that. Just their enthusiasm alone will allow me to lend my face as a human lolly pop. My dog can get in such a frenzy over licking my face, he shakes. I can overlook any smell or stickiness or my own sense of disgust, just to not hinder them, I love to allow them their freedom to love. i miss them. Makes me want to go out and get one right away.
My significant other is living in Baja, the dogs having a wonderful dog life there, they are in dog heaven. No leashes, lots of things to smell, there are no fences in Mexico. Dogs have to learn social etiquette in Mexico.
I have noticed that people really do want to love, it especially shows in dog lovers. For some crazy reason, we feel more comfortable taking care and being intimate with an animal than each other. I have a good friend who just got his first dog. He is meticulous, anal, and super judgmental of women's physical attributes, no one is good enough. he has wanted a relationship so badly, he has finally found one, a dog, vs not expressing love any longer. His dog is a shelter rescue with bad skin, infected eyes, diarrhea, worms, and he looks at that dog like it was his life partner, he is in love with this dog. The dog is on the furniture, the front seat in the car, eats from his plate,he even opens the door, picks up the dog and places her in the car. He constantly readjusts her bandanna, sits on the ground to talk to her in his 200 dollar jeans. He has overlooked any and all of his idiosyncrasies at the drop of a hat mind you, just to feel love. He is so
capable of loving and dropping
his negative judgments
If your girlfriend wasn't feeling good, would you take her immediately to the Dr, no cost too great, paid happily in cash? Would we be OK if she ripped up your favorite irreplaceable shoes? Buying only the best possible food for her? How about ruining the flowers, or the new tree just planted out back? How about breaking the controllers to the X-Box?
No matter how busy or perturbed we are we seem to have a moment for a nice greeting when we come home for the dog, but for each other? Dogs are rarely perfect, but we drop most any grievance we have with them in a matter of minutes. Regardless of how much money said incident costs us. They can even pee on most anything we own without major incident. They mess the floors, they chew anything they are able, they pee, defecate, sit in our favorite spot, they have no respect for hours or noise. If they run away we love them like crazy the minute we see them. we put up fliers two hours after we think they are missing. They never pay. They never ask for anything, except maybe to go outside. They can fart in bed and we think it's funny. We can fart and they don't notice.
All I'm saying is, we could learn a lot about loving each other just by the way we treat our dogs, it's not like we don't know how to do it, we do know how to love, do we have the courage to do that with each other, a neighbor, a stranger? i don't know about you, but I will risk it and live like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment