Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Women and Compassion


As each day unfolds and I find myself becoming more sensitive to life on a daily basis, I see so much beauty in the feminine, as I embrace it daily. Not that I haven't seen it, or embraced it, something deeper is happening, as I slow W-A-Y down. Women, so much embodying that reflection. So much nurturing, so much compassion, so much power, a great power without the force you usually see with movement. I can feel so much power, a grounded, stable, soulful power, one that is subtle. Like a wave that builds with a silent exponential consistency. A force so compelling in a way, I find myself wanting to reach out and hug a woman every time I see her beautiful strength, a strength so apparent to me now, deeply nestled in her vulnerability.

I see a great separation happening between humanity, one where chauvinism is attempting to distort this beauty in a "power-over". Some women are perpetrating this, (many times much more overtly than men have or had done in recent history) using this time to push the masculine down, to judge it negatively in many ways. Most of the men in front of them in their moments of aggression are not even to blame or even part of anything remotely having to do with their rage. Not that they shouldn't be out-raged. Centuries of diminishing them can do that, but it isn't us. The rage they feel for being diminished for being women for so long, playing with a shortened hand from day one.

I also see the capacity for forgiveness in their eyes. in their actions. It is causing me to take a deep look at my own strengths. I am getting it on a cellular level that vulnerability truly is the greatest expression of strength. Receiving can be truly the greatest strength. I have it and I will use it. I can see the feminine never wanted to do anything alone, she is about connectedness, Oneness. She is always with me/us, she only looks like she steps back, actually i/we pushed away, she knew I/we would come home.

I see where a lot of pain/anger comes up when a woman judges me (or any man) for just being a man, like I, by my gender is some kind of grand perpetrator. Staying open, humble, vulnerable, understanding. Man! I see how difficult this must have been. I feel so powerless at times, feeling actually Angry for being a man, now. Something I will have to process for sure, I feel what has been done, seeing my own (mostly unconscious) contribution to this way of perception, it is here, it is overtly here. I must have been thinking and feeling these things all along. To really get that now. The reality so heavy with chauvinism. Recognition is a first step to changing, acknowledgment is second, third is forgiveness. I am forgiving myself of the denial of the feminine, for my anger at not having a good mother, my anger of feeling separated, thinking she is weak, feeling abandoned, unprotected, diminished and discarded. I truly am sorry. The weight of this, the wall of energy resisting you, denying you. Manipulating you. I am about to be a new kind of man, one I do not know what will look like, but It will be different. I will be a better man. I will create the security in myself to allow you to be nurtured. I will have the courage, the character combined with integrity and the compassion to receive it, to allow you to assist me in seeing it. I will not judge the women for their reversing, (reversed chauvinism) they have an inherent capacity to see their emotional, physical impact, they will not hold this very long. I will trust you. I am open. I take a different turn, I change. Let me surf you, Let's lift. Bring it.

No comments:

Post a Comment